13.11.09

NaNoWriMo Days 9, 10, 11, & 12

One would think that only working a couple days a week for training would give you plenty of time to write. I find it causes too much static in my brain. I need distraction. I worry every second of every day whether I will have enough money to feed myself tomorrow.

All of this worry leaves no real room for creativity. Sure I have pristine bursts of it, and they are beautiful and cherished. Unfortunately, writing takes more than bursts.

I have been distracted lately by two other stories I want to work on. One I have finished all my thoughts on for the moment and can continue on with my current NaNo. I at least have some ideas for next year or next month. We will see.

Every Year I make a soundtrack for my novel. These songs do not necessarily reflect my personal preference, but they do apply to the story and characters I am writing about. After the Official Soundtrack I throw in some other music for background noise, mostly instrumentals and high energy techno. It is all part of my process. I always need something to focus the distracting parts of my brain.

1. Porcelain~Better Than Ezra
2. Shimmer~Fuel
3. Fireflies~Owl City
4. Follow You Into the Dark~Death Cab for Cutie
5.Such Great Heights~Postal Service
6. Forever~Papa Roach
7. Black Velvet~Alannah Myles
8. Make You Mine~Heater Nova
9. Where the Wild Roses Grow~Nick Cave & Kylie Minogue
10. Her Diamonds~Rob Thomas

No comments: